Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home Part 1

As some of you are aware Justin & I are building our dream home. This has been the biggest challenge of our entire marriage. As two young adults I don't think we really knew what we we're getting ourselves into when we signed our contract. From arguments about being over budget to the simplest things as a cabinet style we've faced them all. It really has shown us how strong our relationship is to go through all these difficult and life changing tasks.

We signed our contract in March and since then things have really progressed. After looking at a hole in the ground and a lot of dirt we finally have what appears to be the house we've always drempt about.
April 15, 2010 - First /day of construction.

May 26, 2010 - Daddy & Morgan in what will be our basement.
 
June 17, 2010 - Frame work has started.

June 29, 2010 - Framing for the 2nd floor.

June 30, 2010 - That's a really big house.

July 14, 2010 - Starting to take shape!
August 25, 2010 - First day of brick!!!
Everyday we are amazed at how much the house is coming together. I will try to keep you updated on the process as impatient as it is. I'm so excited just thinking that in less than 6 months this will be our new home!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I bet Morgan & Cali will LOVE having all of that space to run around in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. we're coming to stay the weekend as soon as it's finished =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lilli! You and your family are welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete